Tuesday, May 16, 2017

A revised ETD & New Neighbors

Hi Everyone,

New discoveries when starting to repair boom, the vang mount is fractured and gooseneck is bent and unusable. Special thanks to Steve and Fritz, Pacific Offshore Rigging acquiring the parts so quickly. Extra thanks to Mark at Garhauer for building a custom vang mount. Will be shipped by FEDEX and hope to have in 10 days.

In the meantime, no room at the inn until Saturday. So, we'll be on the boat for 3 nights. Hope to get fresh tuna from Leo ...such a treat that will be.

Somehow, I forgot to tell you about the sperm whale that winked at me on our last morning at sea. We were enjoying our breakfast sitting in the cockpit when we got sprayed by what we thought was a wave. I turned to the right( at the stern). and passing by was this gray structure...although I didn't see his eye, I know he was passing by to give us a wink that all will be well. And, off he went. Didn't even think about taking his picture as it was a special moment I will not forget.

So, dad looks like the Padres can start winning anytime now so we have a worthwhile game to go to when we return. Looking forward to a ballpark frank with you.

Hope everyone is well. Time for graduations....Congratulations to Cory graduating from Durango HS top 10%* and off to UC Davis. And, to Faith and Isabella transitioning from middle to high school. Great times and futures ahead to our nephew and nieces!

Love, Leslie

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible adventure! Very thankful that the right people, expertise, and other resources are being brought to bear to care for the Rocinante and crew, beginning with Fiona and Robin! Brings to mind a famous piece of poetry written some 3,000 years ago…
    Psalm 139:9-10 -- "If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there Your hand will guide me, and Your strength will support me."

    Rich and Linda

    ReplyDelete