Saturday, June 10, 2017

Day 2 Paradise....

Hi, Arrived late yesterday to Baie Hanamoenoa on the island of Tahuata southwest of Hiva Oa. There are 7 boats in this anchorage with beautiful white sand beach. As Paul said, "its right out of picture book or movie of a So. Pacific island. The only structure is a "Gilliigan's Island set-a tree branch framed area that might be a place to prepare for a beach meal. We've heard that a local will cook a beach meal for you. Don't know where he lives. 2011 resource show 600 people live in this island.

Today, Paul cleaned off the dirt (at least a first layer) and I made French toast with a carmelized mango (dried) mango)topping. Then, kayaked to shore, swam, and had a yummy fresh tuna, greens & rice dinner.

Paul had to go in to retrieve the top to the grill and sighted a black tip shark (5 feelt') while free diving near our boat. So now I don't know how I feel about swimming here.

A wonderful day with more to come. I hope that summer is off to a time for you to do all that you love about summer. We're holed up inside at since it is as it is pouring again.

Tracking is set for every 12 hrs--I'll send some first day photos tomorrow. Phone power is low so better go now.

Going to a fair??If so, have a cinnamon roll for me! Love Leslie

2 comments:

  1. WOW !!! Looks amazing and oh so beautiful! Not sure you could pay me enough to get into the water after spotting a shark, think I would have to keep my feet planted solidly on the sand or boat!!Happy exploring that beautiful island and the people! What an Adventure for the two of you ! Love, Chris and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retrieve the top of the grill? Was there some language used?

    ReplyDelete